Hey everyone! It seems like everything on the Internet these days has to do with Christmas, including this week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I do not celebrate Christmas, so I guess this is more of a
Books I Wouldn’t Mind People Bringing Me
- Maus, Art Spiegelman – this is one of the books I’m planning to read for the ERC challenges. Unfortunately, I highly doubt I’m going to aquire this in any way other than ordering it from Amazon and waiting for someone to bring it to me, or pay the crazy shipping rates. So yes, Santa would be nice. No international shipping fees, thank you very much.
- Humans of New York, Brandon Stanton – I really want to get this for my birthday. The photographs are beautiful, but it’s the captions that made me fall in love with the man and the concept. And the book looks amazing.
- The Letter Q: Queer Writers’ Notes to their Younger Selves – seems like an interesting choice for ERC 2013 LGBT category. I want to get into reading more non-fiction.
- The Zombie Survival Guide, Max Brooks – a book I wanna hold in my hands, not read on a Kindle.
- Flash Fiction: 72 Very Short Stories
- Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs from Writers Famous & Obscure
- I Can’t Keep My Own Secrets–Six-Word Memoirs by Teens Famous & Obscure
- Tweeting the Universe: Tiny Explanations of Very Big Ideas
- Waiting to Be Heard: A Memoir, Amanda Knox
- The Woman Who Can’t Forget: The Extraordinary Story of Living with the Most Remarkable Memory Known to Science – A Memoir, Jill Price
Wow, seems like I really do have a bunch of non-fiction books here, compared to my usual fiction to non-fiction reading ratio. I got into memoirs because of the ERC challenges, and then read maybe two or three last year and am planning to cover at least four or five this coming year. A bunch of these aren’t exactly “reading books,” such as Six-Word works, but they’re books I’d like to have available on my shelf for whenever I feel like browsing through some short pieces. The choices this week are actually a lot different from my usual choices during these Top Ten Tuesdays. Have to admit I’m pretty pleased.
Any of you share the same books as me? Different? Let us all know in the comments below!
EDIT: Yes, I’m the type of person who writes up a post four days in advance and then doesn’t post on time.