This week’s TTT topic, brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR. Winter in Israel isn’t very… wintery, nor is it very long. Our seasons can pretty much be summed up into SUMMER and KIND OF COLDISH SUMMER. It’s currently in the 60s and it’s rained maybe three times, lasting no more than an hour each. So yeah. No winter. However, seasons have nothing to do with my reading and seeing as there’s a fixed TEN spots for this list the length of said nonexistent winter does not matter! Yay!
Also, I’ve just looked up the list for 2014’s Eclectic Reader’s Challenge. It’s in its third year, and so far I’ve failed the previous two, but I’m determined to complete 2012’s this year and do 2013 along with 2014 next year. This means making a plan and starting early – two things I keep not doing and keep failing because of. Here’s my list, paired with the category it fits into. 2014 is the year in which I FINALLY SUCCEED IN COMPLETING MY OWN CHALLENGES GODAMMIT. *ERC 2013 *ERC 2014
Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR
- Wish Me Away – Chely Wright (memoir, 2013)
- Eleanor & Park – Rainbow Rowell (published in 2013, 2013)
- Wide Awake – David Levithan (lgbt, 2013)
- World War Z – Max Brooks (made into movie, 2013)
- Zombie Survival Guide – Max Brooks (humour, 2013)
- The Boyfriend App – Katie Sise
- Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven – Susan Jane Gilman (travel-non fiction, 2014)
- Aristole and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe – Benjamin Alire Saenz (award winning, 2014)
- One Handed Catch – MJ Auch
- Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury (alternative history fiction, 2014)
Failing is one of my greatest talents. I have managed to fail pretty much every reading challenge I took on this year. 2014 SHALL BE DIFFERENT… I hope. So here’s an organized plan that includes books I’ve been wanting to read anyway, which should help it feel natural, as opposed to forced, and keep me on track. Hopefully this all works.