Back to doing my Top Ten Tuesday posts! (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
I got a whole load of books when I was in the US so I have so many new books to read, not to mention I’ve realized I’m kind of behind on my attempt to cover both the 2012 AND 2013 Ecclectic Reader’s Challenges (after failing ’12). So my choices are going to be from all different genres, so that I can cover as much as I can. I’m currently reading John Verdon’s Shut Your Eyes Tight so that covers the Crime/Mystery category.
Here goes! (I’ll attach Category and Challenge Year for each one.)
Top Ten Tuesday – Books On My Fall 2013 TBR List
- Bossypants – Humor, 2013
- Silence of the Lambs – Horror, 2012
- Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List – New Adult, 2013 (I really don’t get this genre… at all. It’s too abstract.)
- Brave New World OR A Clockwork Orange OR Farenheit 541 – Dystopia, 2013 (Switched 1984 over to Classic, 2012.)
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane – Published in 2013, 2013
- The Trial OR The Little Prince OR The Pianist – Translated Fiction, 2013
- White Oleander – cousin recommended
- The Know-It-All: One Man’s Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World – quit midway
- A Wrinkle in Time OR Lord of the Flies – Action Adventure, 2013 (the first will be my 1st reread in YEARS)
- American Gods OR Dead Until Dark – Urban Fantasy, 2013
Not bad, not bad. I just spent ’bout an hour researching titles and genres and learned a ton – especially about what the hell New Adult is because that category seems like a… mix between attempts at being more specific and attempts at making more money. We’ll see. Most of these books are books I’d planned on reading at some point anyway, so I’m happy I can incorporate them into my tight schedule. I have eleven books to read to complete both ERCs this year, which I really want to do because I don’t want to drag them into 2014 with me! I don’t really know how to define “fall,” seeing as in Israel we basically only have “hot summer” and “cold summer” so I’m giving myself till December 31st to complete this. I have eleven books for about three and a half months, and a few thrown in for personal enjoyment that don’t fit any empty genre categories. THIS IS GOING TO BE TIGHT. Wish me luck!
Are you guys doing the Eclectic Reader’s Challenge this year? Which books have you read? Does anyone else not really get the whole New Adult thang? Lemme know!